We are a deep tech company, based in Cambridge, UK, with a fast-growing team. Daily we are driving the development and commercialisation of our novel disease management and hospital patient flow technologies, that pave the way for personalised digital medicine.
As a group of interdisciplinary scientists, engineers and commercial professionals,, we hold an inherent appreciation for the value created by diverse perspectives and are proud to be an enjoyable, open and respectful work environment for ALL, regardless of background or identity.
At eRx, we are committed to:
● Highest quality innovation; solving real problems with scientific rigour and evidence-based value
●Improving healthcare for everyone, everywhere through scalable technologies that remove barriers to access
●Thinking outside the box with a fresh, deep tech approach that drives creative solutions to complex problems
●Putting the human in health tech with patient-centric design built by people who care
We offer a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote working.
We are building the interface between technology, the human body and healthcare organisations that will transform how we deliver healthcare and treat disease.
Our core values are the organic foundation of everything that we do here at electronRx; how we work together, how we develop products and how we present ourselves to customers and the world.
We want partners and customers to know where they stand with us as a team. If what motivates us motivates you too, then we can do great things together.
As the electronRx team, we…
● Empower - Each other as a team, patients to take back control over their health, and health professionals with knowledge that cuts through the noise.
● Don’t compromise on science - If it’s not rigorously scientific and evidence-based, it’s not good enough. Always, but especially in healthcare.
● Break down barriers - We’re not afraid to dream big and tackle big problems. We relish the opportunity to apply our skills and world class technical prowess where we can make transformational change for the better.
● Fail, and fail again! - The course of true innovation never did run smoothly. When you’re operating on the frontlines of tech discovery, failure is an inevitable and necessary part of the process.
● Care - We’re experts in our respective fields who have chosen to join this team because we see the potential here to change people’s lives on a planetary scale for the better!
We are looking for an experienced App Developer to lead the team in writing software that interfaces directly with patients, connects to custom medical devices and allows for the tracking of a wide diversity of health data. Your software will interact with both commercially available products and electronRx prototypes, both physical devices and cloud infrastructure. You will work alongside neuroscientists, physicians, machine learning developers and hardware engineers.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and passionate app developer to expand your experience and play a pivotal role in improving the lives of millions of patients across the globe.
Day to Day:
● Leading the software team in the operation of improving and developing our applications
● Conducting regular code reviews, providing strong technical support and ensuring a standard of quality is maintained within the software team
● Communicating with the product owner and the lead data scientist to establish how a problem may be solved when provided with the why and when
● Creating fluid and aesthetically pleasing Flutter applications with widgets to display features simply
● Integrating homemade C/C++ functions into our Flutter applications
● Focusing on the performance speed of algorithms written to allow for live feedback
● Building interfaces to help the medical world benefit from our vision in digital therapeutics
● Working with a close knit team of designers, developers, data scientists and engineers in an agile environment
● Ensuring consistency across platforms in our software
●A Bachelor’s degree or above in a STEM or related field
● 5+ years experience of App development (ideally in iPhones)
● 5+ years of commercial experience with 2+ programming languages (ideally at least one of the following: Flutter/Dart, C/C++, Swift/Objective-C)
● Experience and in-depth understanding of iPhone capabilities and features
● Experience in writing and designing automated tests
● Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Experience working in an agile development team, following software engineering best practices
● Previous work experience in the digital health or medical tech industry.
● Previous experience with software as a medical device (SaMD) (ISO 13485 preferred)
● Capable of growing and maintaining an automated CI/CD pipeline using platforms like Bitbucket and XCode Cloud
● Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases (ideally Cloud Firestore)
● Experience with cloud computing platforms (Google Cloud or AWS)
● Experience in integrating SDKs and APIs into low level code and interfaced between low-level and high-level languages
What We Offer:
● A progressive and supportive workplace which encourages you to flourish authentically and the opportunity to upskill yourself.
● Shared open work spaces in a collaborative environment with free refreshments.
● An opportunity to work with some of the most talented experts from numerous different fields.
● Invaluable experience in building a company and a product from the ground up.
● A central Cambridge office with secure parking and bike storage.
● A feeling of fulfilment knowing that you are working to make a positive impact on the lives of others.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity are at the very core of who we are. We’re working to improve healthcare for everyone, everywhere; shifting the paradigm from generalised to personalised medicine where every patient is treated as the unique individual they are, and we take the same approach to building out our team!
As such we’re proudly diverse - we welcome and encourage applications from all members of our community, regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, class status or national origin.
When applying for this position, you are giving eRx the permission to hold your data for recruitment purposes. Any information provided will be stored securely in line with current data protection regulations and used for recruitment purposes only.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
● Company pension
● Free parking
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Cambridge: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Join the Team
The eRx team is a place where your work has the potential to impact quality of life across the globe; where you’re free to learn, upskill yourself and contribute your best in a supportive, stimulating environment.